Due to the devastation from Hurricane Irma, we are not booking any trips in the near future.
IntimaSea Couples Retreat
Are you ready to Experience the Amazing Power of Connection and Healing of the Sea
ONLY 3 Fortunate Couples per trip…..OR
Let us Plan a VIP INTIMASEA RETREAT with us for just YOU and YOUR PARTNER
Dates to be determined by input from applicants – Please fill out an application to help us with future dates!
If you are ready to Disconnect from the stresses of every day life, Connect with your partner in new ways, reignite your passion and friendship, then join us for this life-changing sailing adventure.
…a magical 7 days of connection, having fun with your partner, exploration with daily attention to your relationship, romantic sunset rituals, gourmet meals prepared by an onboard chef, and learning to be the team and partners you have always dreamed of being.
Stepping aboard a luxurious state-of-the-art catamaran with your own spacious Queen stateroom and ensuite.
Waking up beside your partner to the sound of the Caribbean Sea lapping against the side of the boat.
Traveling to beautiful islands with the winds in the sails and the sparkling crystal blue water beneath you.
Bonding with your partner while working together to raise the sails and guide the journey.
Learning about your partner and deepening connection as you find your own space aboard the large and spacious vessel.
Walking hand in hand along pristine beaches and sipping island drinks at local bars of the Carribbean Islands.
Creating friendships with other couples that will last a lifetime..
Snorkeling the underwater paradise, with its outstanding visibility, healthy coral, vibrant reef and abundant fish.
And much, much more…..
- Life-changing relationship strategies, support and materials – daily group coaching and as needed personal coaching. (Value $3000.00)
- Six follow up coaching sessions following retreat (Value $600.00)
- Materials for learning include for each couple to take home: (Value $160)
- “Radical Marriage” Book and 2 Workbooks
- “Seven Principles to Making Marriage Work” book and 2 Workbooks
- Love Map Cards
- Relationship Guides
- Making Marriage Work DVD
- Laminated Communication Map
- Sailing Happily Ever After Journal
- 7 nights aboard a Crewed Luxury Catamaran (value $5095.00 per cabin – comparibles found at Festiva Charters)
- Cruising Permits and Mooring Fees (value $194 per couple)
- Each couple will have their own cabin and ensuite.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks every day.
- 5 Dinners One Rum beverage per person per night.
- Crew of 4 to meet your every need.
- Kayak on board.
- Sailing Happily Ever After Backpack for each couple to take home. (value $10.00)
- Memories and skills to last a lifetime (priceless).
What’s NOT Included:
- Airfare and travel to and from the dock in Tortola.
- 2 Dinners Ashore
- Snorkeling Gear (you will be required to bring your own snorkeling gear).
- Any paid shore excursions from outside vendors.
Why is this IntimaSea Retreat for YOU?
If you are ready for a break through retreat where we will cut through the choppy waters of your relationship and help you find ways to put wind back in your sails and sail smoothly again.
If you are READY to……….
- Disconnect from the stresses of every day life (time to get unplugged).
- Share with other couples that are probably experiencing the same issues and therefore become additional teachers on your journey, as you do for them.
- Work and learn as a team on a sailing vessel which is what most “sailing couples” will testify is the most bonding experience they have ever experienced.
- Take advantage of an atmosphere that provides the opportunity for individualized attention to work on your specific needs.
- Have fun together as a couple which, by the way, has been studied as a key element to reconnecting with your partner.
What will You Learn?
Among other strategies, we are Gottman 7 Principles Educators and Radical Marriage Coaches
Who Should Attend?
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together.
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship.
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship.
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes.
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner.
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling.
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children.
Who Should NOT Attend?
- Couples where significant emotional or physical abuse is present.
- Serious emotional or mental health problems.
- Relationships where one or both partners are actively addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Relationships with serious compulsive behavior with gambling, sexual acting out and other disruptive behaviors. [/su_note]
About the Ship
[su_box title=”“Bear'” style=”soft” box_color=”#b8f9fc” radius=”7”] A luxurious 4 cabin Catamaran. (Pictures may not be exact vessel). If you are new to sailing or it is a little scary for you, the catamaran is the perfect vessel to sail on. There is very little heeling (leaning over) and therefore a catamaran is much more stable. A catamaran is roomy, allowing all three participating couples to have their own cabin and head (bathroom) and room to have some privacy and spaces to work on your exercises with just your spouse. [su_carousel source=”media: 900,899,898,897,896,895,893,891,890,894,889,888,887″ height=”520″ responsive=”no” items=”1″ title=”no” autoplay=”4100″ speed=”0″][/su_box]
Sample Itinerary for the BVI
(our most popular destination)
Night of Arrival:
We will arrive at the dock at Hodges Creek, have a safety briefing, get Cabin Assignments and Meet & Greet with a light dinner. We will be spending the first night at the dock with safety check by the chartering company in the morning before leaving the dock.
After and during Sailing to each destination, we will gather together to learn new skills and exercises to deepen our connection, friendship and love for our partner. Each day you will be given your assignment to do at your convenience throughout the rest of the day. There is plenty of room on the ship to find quiet time with your partner and also time to go ashore and explore.
Cruising Day 1:
The Caves on Norman Island, a short sail across the sheltered Sir Frances Drake Channel, bring you your first experience with the beauty and splendor of the BVI. The snorkeling here will make you feel like you are inside an aquarium, teeming with thousands of the most colorful fish. Your crew will explain the history of these caves and the treasure troves that have been found here! A five minute motor around the headland will bring you into “The Bight” on Norman Island.
Cruising Day 2:
Begin your second day with freshly brewed coffee, a wonderful breakfast and perhaps a plunge off the back deck. You will sail along the coast of Peter Island, past Dead Chest Atoll and into Salt Island, in protected and calm waters. Salt Island is the graveyard for the R.M.S Rhone which was shipwrecked off its Eastern point with all passengers onboard in 1896. This is one of the most famous wrecks in the world for scuba divers to explore. Snorkel over the stern section or take a walk around the shoreline in search of buried treasure.
Next, you sail to The Baths, a national park located on Virgin Gorda. Walk through the batholitic granite caves and formations to Devils Bay where your crew will meet you with a refreshing, packed cooler and your snorkel gear. We enjoy lunch back on the boat and then off we go for an hour’s sail up the spectacular coast of Virgin Gorda and The Bitter End Yacht Club. Go ashore after dinner and take in a typical BVI evening with your favorite Rum Punch and Steel Drum Band.
Cruising Day 3:
Today we hoist all the sails and set our course for the two hour cruise to the flat coral-sand island of Anegada with its endless white beaches. Feel the “talcum powder” under your feet while you stroll along the deserted beach. With the third largest barrier reef in the world surrounding Anegada, today is the perfect day to relax on the beaches of Loblolly or Cow Wreck Beach and enjoy great sites and fantastic snorkeling. Tonight is your first night dining ashore. The prolific lobster population of this Island ensures a lobster meal second to none. Choose your lobster and watch it sizzle on the beach BBQ in front of the Anegada Reef Hotel or select a meal from the specials of the evening.
Cruising Day 4:
Another super sail back to Mountain Point on Virgin Gorda where we stop for lunch and fantastic snorkeling amongst the granite boulders. From here, we sail through the Dog Islands to Marina Cay, a private Island Resort off the East side of Tortola. Michael Bean will entertain you with Pirate songs with his guitar and harmonica during happy hour on the top of the island. Dinner on board and a good nights’ rest in this calm anchorage will prepare you for the exciting day ahead.
Cruising Day 5:
After coffee, we move to Monkey Point on Guana Island for breakfast. A snorkel around the unusual coral outcrops will reveal some strange marine creatures not often encountered. Lunch is at a unique little Islet off the Island of Jost van Dyke. With a good coverage of shade and a few palm trees, walk around this Island in just five minutes and snorkel the surrounding coral reef. Its nearly happy hour time at the world famous Foxy’s on Jost van Dyke. Pin up a garment of clothing with your name written on it in Foxy’s bar to join the many hundreds from all over the world.
Cruising Day 6:
White Bay, just around the corner from Foxy’s, is a spectacular strip of white sand fringed with coconut palms. Put your dollars into your pocket and swim ashore to the Soggy Dollar Bar, where the original “Painkiller” cocktail was conceived.
We spend a leisurely day here before returning to Tortola, checking in at the famous Sopers Hole. This is the last night where you will dine ashore and enjoy late evening entertainment.
Cruising Day 7:
After breakfast, we take a short cruise around to our base. Joyful memories and new made friends, we wish everyone farewell until the next cruise with us.
WE’RE READY TO SET SAIL!
Sample Day Menu:
Breakfast: Banana Pancakes w/ Toasted Pecans and Maple Syrup & Applewood Bacon
Lunch: Carne Asada and Al Pastor Tacos w/ Black Bean Cakes & Avocado Butter
Fresh Fruit Platter
Appetizer: Smoked Trout Dip w/ Croustini
Dinner: Panko Crusted Pork Chop stuffed with Prosciutto, Sage & Havarti cheese, Lemon Asparagus & a Mustard Creme Sauce
Dessert: Chocolate Decadence Cake w/ Raspberry Coulis.
Menu provided by onboard Chef Susan Redwine
Coaches & Captains
Kim & Bob Morse
Captain Kim is a Master Relationship Coach, Certified through the Relationship Coaching Institute. Sailing and helping couples with their relationships are Kim’s greatest passions. She truly believes there is something magical and healing about being out on the water and at one with nature and is excited to combine this with teaching skills and attitudes to help couples bond, heal and enrich their relationships. Kim believes that whether your relationship is pristine or on the brink, this is an adventure that you won’t want to miss.
Captain Bob is also a Certified Relationship Coach through the Relationship Coaching Institute. He is also an ASA Instructor. If learning to sail is something you would also like to learn on this trip, Bob is a patient and knowledgable instructor. He is also very knowledgable about the skills and principles it takes to make a relationship last.
Both are Gottman Trained Educators.
Kim using the Communication Map with a couple.
[su_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/F4fwha5F2kg” width=”200″ height=”200″]
Price will be between $4,000 and $7,000 (depending on ship and dates)
Reserve your trip for a deposit of $600* **
*$200.00 Cancellation Fee
**You may pay your deposit to save your spot before application has been approved.
All $600.00 will be refunded if application is denied or if dates do not work for you).
*Scholarships may be available.